Christmas Day is for family and festivities! Make it a tradition to get out of the house, work off those Christmas calories, and have fun in Dallas-Fort Worth.
There are plenty of ways to spend Christmas Day, from volunteering to taking in a show.
Here is our list of the best things to do on Christmas Day in DFW without breaking your budget:
Dallas and Fort Worth have plenty of beautiful outdoor spaces that are open to the public, even on holidays. Get your steps in at Klyde Warren Park, Reverchon Park, Trinity Park, and more. There are also a few outdoor and fitness-related events happening Christmas Day:
- 2019 CRC Christmas Day 5K & 1 Mile Run in Fort Worth
- Go Ice Skating at Panther Island Ice from 12 noon to 11 pm. It’s DFW’s only indoor skating rink!
Theater & Film
While many stores and restaurants close for Christmas Day, it’s the theatre’s time to shine. Plenty of local theatres around Dallas and Fort Worth are hosting Christmas Day shows. Also, check out these events:
- Angelika Film Center is showing Little Women
- Flying Saucer Fort Worth is showing a screening of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
- The Alamo Drafthouse is showing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Little Women, and Cats.
- Medieval Times is hosting a single show on Christmas Day, 5 pm.
- LOOK Cinemas are open with multiple showings throughout the day.
- The Texas Theatre is showing Uncut Gems.
Some local businesses and attractions are open on Christmas Day:
- Christmas Day at Bowl & Barrel
- SNOWDAY Dallas at The Plaza at Preston Center is open on Christmas Day!
- The Gaylord Texan Resort has multiple light displays, shows, and other attractions open on Christmas Day. All events are ticketed.
Get in the car, bring some cocoa, and drive around Dallas and Fort Worth’s best-lit neighborhoods. If you’re not in the mood for driving, check out these events:
- Christmas Lights Tour on the Christmas Lights Bus.
- See the Daystar Christmas Lights, free and open to the public every day.
- Drive through Grand Prarie’s Prairie Lights- it’s worth it! $45 per vehicle.
- Give the Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway.
Spirit of Giving
There’s no better way to get in the Christmas spirit than by giving to others. Volunteer with your local church, shelter, or animal rescue. You can also check out these local volunteer opportunities:
- Give back by serving Christmas Dinner at Safe Haven Fort Worth.
- Drop off donations at Help Somebody DFW.
- Help serve a Christmas Meal with Calvert Place or Center of Hope.
- Serve the homeless and visit a senior facility nearby with Cornerstone, RockPointe Church Missions.
Are we missing something? Let us know what you’re doing around DFW on Christmas Day: